Serve this delicious granola with homemade yogurt and chopped fresh fruit in a parfait.
Write a review
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, or pistachios)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional Ingredients
- Dried cranberries, raisins, dried apricots, m&ms, chocolate chips
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl combine wet ingredients and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Spread out on cookie sheet covered in parchment.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes, stirring gently every 10 minutes for the first 30 minutes, every 5 minutes after that.
- Cool to room temperature. Add cranberries, chocolate chips, m&ms or other mixins. Store in airtight container.
- This recipe is incredibly versatile. Almost any spices, dried fruit, nuts etc. can be added to create unlimited combinations and flavor profiles.
Homecooking the books http://homecookingthebooks.com/